Phone: (425) 451-7335


Why do I have to fill out paperwork and answer questions at the endoscopy center when I already answered them at the doctor’s office?

Eastside Endoscopy Center is owned by a group of physicians and a corporate partner, and while the center is located next to their offices, it is a separate business. Medicare accredited facilities are required to have a separate chart for all patients. In addition, our nursing staff wants to make sure we have your most up-to-date health information, including your current medications.

Will my insurance cover my procedure?

Many insurances cover colonoscopy and upper endoscopy procedures. All insurance plans differ so it is important for you to contact your insurance company and discuss your benefits. You will be responsible for any co‐pay or deductibles. If you need assistance in determining your benefits, please contact our office.

If you’re having a screening colonoscopy, you should call your insurance company for coverage verification. The procedure code is 45378 or G0121 and the diagnosis code is Z12.11. If you’re having a colonoscopy because a family member has had colon cancer, the diagnosis code is Z8Ø.Ø and the procedure code is 45378 or G0105.

Why will I get three separate bills for my procedure?

You will receive a bill from our facility (Eastside Endoscopy Center) a bill from the physician who performed the procedure, the CRNA who administered and monitored your sedation and, if you had tissue biopsied or removed, a bill from the pathology lab. (See our billing explanation below)

Why should I have my procedure done at Eastside Endoscopy Center?

Eastside Endoscopy Center’s highly skilled team of doctors and nurses are committed to providing the highest quality endoscopic services in a comfortable atmosphere. We specialize in gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures. In addition, Eastside Endoscopy Center has been accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) since 1996. Eastside Endoscopy Center was the first endoscopy center in Washington State to achieve this accreditation.

I have concerns about the procedure; is there someone I can call?

If you have specific concerns about the day of the procedure, please feel free to contact our office and speak with one of our nurses. If you have questions about the preparation before your procedure, please contact your gastroenterologist’s office.

Why can’t I go back to work or drive home?

The medications used to help you relax during your procedure will have an effect on your reflexes and judgment for 12 hours and may also have a temporary effect on your short term memory. For this reason it is important to have someone you trust with you to hear your discharge instructions and make sure you arrive home safely.

If you drive before these drugs are eliminated from your system, it is considered “driving under the influence” and is punishable under the Washington State DUI Statute RCW 46.61.502. Our staff are obligated to report to the local police any patient who drives after receiving these drugs. We would prefer your escort remain in the building during your procedure. There is a coffee bar and restaurant on the first floor for their convenience. Pagers are available at the front desk.

If you arrive without an escort, your procedure will be rescheduled.

What medications do you use?

Our CRNA’s may use several medicines specifically selected for you based upon your health history. Medications commonly used are: Propofol (a sedative), Fentanyl (a narcotic used to control pain), and Versed (a medicine used to promote relaxation).

Will I be asleep for my procedure?

Most patients will sleep through their procedure. Some patients may wake up toward the end of the procedure and will be able to view the screen and converse with the physician if desired.

How soon after the procedure can I eat?

You can resume your normal diet after the procedure. If you had an Upper Endoscopy, your throat may be sprayed with a numbing medicine. Your recovery nurse will instruct you when it is safe to resume your diet after receiving this spray.

I finished my colonoscopy prep and I am not sure my preparation worked. What should I do?

If you have completed your entire prep and are still passing formed stool, your procedure may need to be rescheduled. Contact the Endoscopy Center as soon as possible and request to speak with a nurse.

Who do I contact if I have questions about my bills?

When you have a procedure at Eastside Endoscopy Center, your insurance company will be billed by the following entities:

Eastside Endoscopy Center (EEC). EEC will bill your insurance for facility costs which include the equipment, procedure room, supplies, staff costs, and medications.
Billing questions: 1-800-514-0541 (toll free)

Paceline Anesthesia. Paceline will bill your insurance for the services provided by the anesthesia professional.
Billing questions: 425-407-1500

Incyte & LabCorp. If you have polyps removed, or biopsies taken the lab will bill your insurance for the laboratory’s processing and the pathologist’s interpretation of the results of the biopsy specimens.

Billing questions (Incyte): 800-403-6749
Billing questions (LabCorp): 800-845-6167

Northwest Gastroenterology Associates (NWGA) or Overlake Internal Medicine Associates (OIMA). NWGA or OIMA will bill your insurance for the physician’s services.

Billing questions (NWGA): 425-990-2719
Billing questions (OIMA): 425-467-0150

We are active members of the follow associations, click to learn more about their causes.